To magnify the expertise on engineering practices, in order to retrace these knowledges and founding for developing of instructional systems. As a result, the students will obtain both academic and also professional information. The department of civil and environmental engineering offers one of the special missions to the engineering society so called “Academic Services”. Here, there are some eminent examples showed the cooperative between Srinakharinwirot University and external engineering institutes through Academic Services.
1. According to Subdistrict Administrative Organization (SAO) Chumpol, Ongkharak District, Nakhon Nayok facts the collapse of soil slope of asphaltic roads paralleled to canal. The SAO Chumpol has asked to department of civil and environmental engineering, SWU to provide soil investigation and analysis of slope stability of canal soil. It is to ensure that the failure in this type will not happen again. This project has been charged by Assoc. Prof. Sudniran Phetcharat (D.Eng.) and Aj.Attasit Sirivachiraporn (D.Eng.).
2. U-Tapao International Airport is an imminent project of Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC). There is very important project for Thailand to development the economic along the eastern side. Here, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Srinakharinwirot University was invited to investigate the quality of subsoil and seek the best solution for soil improvement. The solution should conform to structural integrity and construction economic. The selected method for improvement of apron is Rapid impact compaction (RIC). The measuring of quality of compacted soils can be verified by both CPT and Plate Bearing Test. The project performed by Associate Dr.Suniti Suparp
3. After the overturning of the bridge girder in U-turn Bride in highway route 35 (Samut Sakhon) when July 31th, 2022, Department of Civil and EnVironmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Srinakharinwirot University by Associate Dr.Suniti Supartp has been assigned as the principal team for controlling of structural investigation, bridge load test and structural health monitoring. On November 10th, 2022, there is presentation to the president of department of highway, Mr.Sarawut Songsivilai about the progress of the project.
4. The cooperative movement of structural engineering between Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (SWU) and construction industrial has been begun again (2022). In this case, the damages from fire on prestressed concrete bridge elements are the key point. To evaluate the structural integrity, laboratory assessment based on visual inspection method and nonlinear finite element analysis were performed. In addition to structural rehabilitations and in-situ field load tests, the structural health monitoring was also main target for this project. Dr.Panuwat Joyklad is the supervisor in operation.
5. For governmental department that potential to terrorist attacks, the existing of blast-resistant structures are needed. Based on the upcoming problem, department of civil and environmental engineering (SWU) got an opportunity to analysis and design of those system for new parliament of Thailand. (2021) There is an inspection building for terrorist expected vehicles. The structure consists of steel gate and reinforced concrete supported structures. The equivalent static was used for preliminary design and the nonlinear Finite Element Analysis under dynamical transient loading had been performed at the final state. This project has been charged by Dr.Panuwat Joyklad.
6. Based on original design problems, the foundation for vibrating machine was not service for full functions. Moreover, the import of machine from aboard was also impossible in that time. In this project, the full dynamic analysis for concrete foundation of new order machine was required. The machine used for decomposition of dead wood serving as fuel for boiler for electric power plant. The elements of foundation model were solid. Both transient and steady state analysis were performed. This project has been charged by Dr.Panuwat Joyklad.
7. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering has involved to solve the industrial problems (2020). In this project, the station footing of Mass Rapid Transit Authority (MRTA) was investigated to observe the nonlinear behaviors. The tasks of this analysis are the complex behavior of deep reinforced concrete elements with high load transfer. The outcome of this research is an international publication. This project responses by Dr.Suniti Suparp.
8. Full-Scale Load tests of Prestressed Concrete Girders Project is cooperative project with Naresuan University for Sino-Thai Engineering & Construction Public Company Limited. The test objective of this project is to investigate the actual behavior of full-scale continuous prestress concrete girder. The outcome will be used to re-analysis of structure. The benefit from this test is useful for the 1st monorail projects (Yellow and Pink lines) …under supervision of Dr.Panuwat Joyklad
9. Faculty of Engineering has been asked to investigate and perform of Static Load Test Project of Medical Personnel Dormitory at Srinakharinwirot University Ongkharak, in this project, The Excellent Center for Engineering and Sustainability has been assigned to execute the full static load test in order to investigate the integrity of existing building. The data and outcomes used for planning and reconstruction of all buildings in this project. Dr. Sudniran Phetcharat has been in charged for this project in 2020.
10. Under the Research Project Series, Armament ‘s Developments, and Support of Resolving the Insurgency in Three ‘s Southern Border Provinces which provided the research grant through the Defence Science and Technology Department (DSTD). Here, the returning of cooperative between Department of Civil Engineering (Naresuan University) and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Srinakharinwirot University) was performed under the topic Armor System for Preventing the Attack of Bullets and Bomb from M79 (2019). The outcome of this project was the prototype of armored building that used in the local problem areas. Dr.Panuwat Joyklad jointed into this project.
11. Digital Development for Efficiency Improvement in Government Asset Management (2018-2019) is the cooperative project between Srinakharinwirot University and BIM Consult Company Limited. Based on this project, the application of engineering technology so called Building Information Modeling (BIM) was presented to governmental section (i.e., The Treasury Department) in order to valuably evaluation of governmental buildings. The program included the demonstration of resent engineering technology that can be applied practically through interactive learning and workshops. This project charged by Dr.Suniti Suparp.
12. Before and After Modification Bridge Load Tests Project is extreme service from department of civil and environmental engineering. The full design loads of bride were placed for ensuring the bridge performance. The investigations were included both static and dynamic behaviors. Finally, after modification has been performed, the re-test of these bridge spans is the end of this project. The outcome from this investigation will help the owner to judge the health of the bridge and find the way to upgrade the bridge system …under supervision of Dr.Panuwat Joyklad
13. After Office of the Higher Education offered research grant again to Department of Civil Engineering (Naresuan University), the cooperation team by Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Srinakharinwirot University performed the utilized research project under the topic Smart modular buildings: Phase1 Lightweight and low thermal conductivity prefabricated bulletproof panels and against night vision detection (2016). The outcome of this project not only research publications but the prototype of shielded building was created. Dr.Panuwat Joyklad also jointed into this project.
14. After Office of the Higher Education offered research grant to Department of Civil Engineering (Naresuan University), the cooperation team by Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Srinakharinwirot University performed the utilized research project under the topic High performance concrete for bullet-resistant and radiation shielding wall (2015). The outcome of this project not only research publications but the prototype of shielded building was created. Dr.Panuwat Joyklad jointed into this project.